Call for interdisciplinary flagship research proposals in research area RA-4 Biogeochemical Cycles and Climate
This is our 2017 call for applications to support two larger-scale research proposals (flagship projects) within RA-4. Below we provide guidelines for your applications.
1. The project should include several of the participating Bolin Centre institutions (IGV, ACES; MISU, NG, DEEP, SMHI, KTH) and further the integration of scientists within the Bolin Centre and ideally beyond the Bolin Centre (but not with an emphasis on external collaboration)
2. The project should focus on a biogeochemical cycle AND climate-related question, ideally with a focus on carbon turnover or land/ocean interactions of C and N
3. Ideally, we would like the flagship project participants to form a research node, which forms the base for larger scale continuation of the research activity in the form a research application to a national funding agency.
4. The project should include one of the RA-4 co-leaders, either Christian Beer or Volker Bruchert as participant.
5. There has to be a clear and realistic budget and time plan. The budget, including the overhead of 23% on person cost, should not exceed 150 kSEK per year, and the project may have a duration of 2 years.
6. Because of the longer duration of the flagship project, clear deliverables must be outlined, e.g., in the form of data, models, workshops, conference attendance, and publications (also possibly a review) within a realistic time frame. The submission of a publication should not be after the end of the project.
7. The research question, background, and approach have to be clearly described, but the application should not exceed 6 pages.
8. Although there is no formal deadline for budgeting purposes we welcome an application by the end of April/beginning of May
We also invite continuous applications for smaller-scale research activities, workshops, and support for specific training in our research area that will add to build research competence and collaboration within the Bolin Centre. These applications should be on the order of max. 50 kSEK. If you have questions about your specific planned research activity and are not sure whether this is fundable, please do not hesitate to contact Volker Brüchert or Christian Beer.
For more information please contact: